(Instructor: Porsha )
This class is designed for everyone and anyone who has never taken dance before. You will learn the art of bellydance as an alternative exercise, instead of the traditional exercise moves, to experience a full cardio workout.
In this class students will:
* Build a dance (movement) vocabulary.
* Learn the fundamentals of bellydance movements.
* Learn how to enhance each move to develop speed and expression.
* Each class session will include learning how to combine dance movements to achieve a full cardio (cardio-vascular) workout for fun & fitness.
* This dance form called "bellydance" will help you to develop discipline, dedication, strength, flexibility and balance.
* You will begin to develop good memory from exercising your mind with the different bellydance moves and combinations that you will begin to memorize, which will as a result keep your mind active, and help in preventing memory loss (Alzheimers/Old Timers Disease).
* You will learn the health benefits of using bellydance as an alternative exercise.
* You will have fun toning your body, while increasing your self confidence.
Q: Will bellydancing help me to lose weight? Will it give me a flat stomach?
A: Yes, bellydancing will help you to get a flat stomach, as well as lose weight, because bellydancing is a full cardio workout. But you must maintain a good balanced diet and exercise at least 15-30 min. per day, if you are serious about losing weight.
*Note: Only attending a single one-hour class per week and not doing any form of exercise the other six days, will never help you to lose weight. You should have some form of exercise everyday.
Q: Can I bellydance pregnant?
A: Yes, because bellydance is a low-impact, moderate exercise. When bellydancing pregnant be sure to avoid sharp hip movements and listen to your body and do what feels comfortable to you.
Note: Porsha the instructor, continued to "bellydance" and "teach" while pregnant with all of 4 of her kids. Please be sure to check with your doctor first before beginning this exercise program.
Q: Do I have to be a certain size to bellydance?
A: No, bellydancing is for women of all shapes and sizes.
Q: Do I have to show my stomach in class?
A: No, it is not a requirement to join the class.
Q: Do I have to buy a "hip-scarf" to be a student in this class?
A: No, it is completely optional. But "hip-scarfs" will be available to those who would like to purchase one.
Q: What should I wear to class?
A: You may wear anything comfortable to workout, as long as you can move around. Porsha recommends for you to exercise bare foot, with socks, or with ballet shoes.
No shoes are to be worn while class is in process, in the dance studio.
Porsha Bellydance Fitness